YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION – GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
GDPR is bringing in new legal protection for personal information from May 2018. This tells you what personal information I gather via my website and why, and what your rights are.
Our Name/Identity: Think Success UK Ltd
Our Contact Details
Telephone No: +44 (0) 7789 621429
Email address: email@example.com
Address: 13 Mayland Industrial Estate, Steeple Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6AX
Data Controller Contact Details: As above
The Purpose of processing Client Data
We will only use your personal information to provide the products and services you have requested from us. I take basic contact details and information via my website to allow me to contact you.
Lawful Basis for holding and using Client Information
As a full member of the General Hypnotherapy Register and the Complimentary Natural Healthcare Council, I abide by both the General Hypnotherapy Register and the Complimentary Natural Healthcare Council Code of Practice and Ethics. The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is my legitimate interests i.e.my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible services and advice.
As could hold special category data about you (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is: for me to fulfil my role as a Therapist and Coach bound under the General Hypnotherapy Register and the Complimentary Natural Healthcare Council Code of Practice and Ethics.
What information I hold and what I do with it?
In order to give professional products and services, I may need to ask for and keep information about your health. I will only use this for informing the products and services requested. The information to be held is as follows:
- Your contact details
- Medical history and other health-related information
- Product & Service details and related notes linked to you.
I will NOT share your information with anyone else (other than as required for legal process) without explaining why it is necessary, and getting your explicit consent.
How Long I Retain Your Information for?
I will keep your information for 7 years unless you request this to be removed using the contact details provided.
Your data will not be transferred outside the UK without your consent.
Protecting Your Personal Data
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
I will contact you using the contact preferences you give me in relation to:
- Delivery of the services or products we are providing to you.
- Special offers and promotions (you may unsubscribe from this at any time)
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed: To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access: To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification: To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”): For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you
- The right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information.
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object: To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given above.
If you are dissatisfied with the response you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office; their contact details are at: www.ico.org.uk
- if you don’t agree to us keeping records of information about you and the services we have provided for you, or if you don’t allow us to use the information in the way we need to for services, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
- we may move your records between our computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.